As what you may guess, everyone is fond of finding new ways to protect the environment. But among the methods known to man, conserving electricity tops everything.
After all, anytime that you could use less energy, it is an automatic win for earth.
Tips to Save Energy at Home!
Try out some of the easy and quick tips that you can do in saving energy that can be done easily in your house:
- Consider upgrading your traditional incandescent light bulbs to more energy-efficient LEDs or CFL
- Take advantage of smart power strips that turns off power to appliances or other electronics when they are not in used. If you can’t afford one, then just manually unplug the power cords when not using these items
- Buy smart or programmable thermostats
- Maintain the HVAC of your home
- When it is time to get a new appliance, always opt for models that have certification from Energy Star
- See to it that air leaks are sealed around windows and doors
- Ensure that your house is insulated properly to recommended level of heat resistance which is otherwise known as the “R-Value”
- Use ceiling fans to help circulate air
Time to make the Switch
As you see, saving energy doesn’t have to be that complicated. With simple changes and minor upgrades, you can make big impact in environmental preservation.